I am a great believer in education and self-reliance. While some traditional ways and cures are useful, many are not.

It is my understanding the the great strides in western public health were made not from medications, but from sanitation. In the words from an old John Wayne movie "The coffee tastes better if the latrines are downstream."

IMO, looking to the sanitation and prevention of the transmission of diseases is a key service the mission folks can provide. How to do it is fact specific to where they are, so they may need to figure it out when on site.

"An ounce of antiseptic is worth a pound of antibiotic." --- quote from an old Doctor of mine. Prevention is cheaper than a cure.

So, what to accomplish? Education to avoid sickness and injury, and then, when that fails (it always does, at least for some), short term support (e.g. the first aid kits) and (hopefully) some prospect for more comprehensive/long term care. In the end, you are trying to buy time until help arrives. No kit can replace a fully staffed and equipped ER.

Keep up the good work!