Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
Originally Posted By: haertig
Originally Posted By: Jeanette_Isabelle
What you are referring to is Bismuth Subsalicytate (Diotame). So I should use that instead of Loperamide Hydrochloride (Diomode)?

I would definitely keep the anti-diarrheal over the Pepto-Bismol. Actually, I'd keep both. The Benadryl in the kit can also be used as an anti-nauseant. And as a sleep aid too.

So add the following: Bismuth Subsalicytate (Diotame), Loperamide Hydrochloride (Diomode) and Diphenhydramine. If I do not remove the alcohol and sting relief pads, I would have space to add thirty packets of medication. When grouped in fives (the amount each compartment holds), how much of each goes into a ten-person kit?

I have been saying “a ten-person kit” because ten is the number I am shooting for.

Jeanette Isabelle

As many as will fit, equally divided: this is based on the notion of leaving the kit behind for use by the locals. Loperamide and diphenhydramine are very useful drugs. Bismuth subsalicylate is an older drug, and is less effective in some studies.