Originally Posted By: nursemike
Might consider substitutability and re-useability in designing kits: gauze pads and wraps can be fabricated from clean rags, rehydration fluids fabricated from diluted fruit juice and salt: antibiotic ointment, anti-diarrheal meds, povidone and tape, not so much: might increase supplies of latter, decrease supplies of former.

It would be a waste, I think, to throw out the gauze rolls and gauze pads, especially the gauze rolls as there is a compartment just for them.

As you see, I have six Antibiotic Ointment Packets for a ten-person kit and five packets of the medication. I have to consider the cost for additional Antibiotic Ointment Packets and the space for the medication. How much of each should I have for a ten-person kit?

Originally Posted By: nursemike
Include, if permissible, splinter forcep, hemostat, small scissors, thermometer, blood pressure cough/stethoscope if training of users supports such.

Blood pressure cuff/stethoscope will not fit. Small scissors are included. Should a hemostat be included in a kit for non-professionals?

Jeanette Isabelle