Here is from one of the commenters.

"Susan Rogan • 14 hours ago −
A friend of ours, just north of Whitehorse, in the Yukon, had a tour out and a wolf showed up in their camp and killed one of the sled dogs right in front of them, then stuck around trying to yank it off the gangline to pull it away. The wolf would NOT leave, even when Rod tried to chase it away with a skidoo. He then realized there were about 4 more wolves watching. The whole group got together around the fire, with the dogs, and they got out the sat phone to call for back up. All the wolves left as soon as the girl showed up on the second skidoo. The reason I am posting twice with stories is that I believe the wolves at least in the Yukon are becoming more bold, and I am not the only one who thinks this. I like wolves just as I like bears, but I am much more wary of them than most people are. Most seem to enjoy seeing wolves while they are out on trails. I get extremely, well, I'll admit it, they scare me. I have run into them a few times out there with dog teams as well. None have attacked me though. (But my dog was killed..)"

"I was chased by a wolf while skijoring. It grabbed one of my dogs from behind me, (a loose dog). I turned back, yelled at the wolf and it left the dog alone. She (Emma), jumped and ran. The wolf then followed me and my other four dogs, one of whom was older and loose. It followed me all the way to our yard 6 km outside Atlin BC, which is 160 km from Whitehorse, Yukon. I believe every word of this encounter, as described. I was banging my poles together, hitting overhanging branches to drop snow on the ground, and was very glad to finally get back to the yard. I believe it was the same wolf that killed one of our dogs about a month later, 500 feet behind the house."