It's a stumper for me, Benjamin. I've scaled back some, removing the SS cup and the Katadyn filter, for example. The three weight loss target modules are food, clothing and the shoe bag o stuff. I can lighten clothes once summer finally gets arrives and stays for it's brief visit. I could also lose the kettle kit, but the thing I like about the shoe bag of stuff, it that along with my on body stuff, water bottle and FAK, it's a ready to go day hike kit with shelter, water and fire.

My hubby just moved it from my Jeep to his truck and thinks I need to lose twenty pounds. (My pack that is. He might think I could stand to lose twenty pounds to he's a wise man and is it to himself if he does.) We haven't weighed it but he's guessing around 60 pounds. That's seems about right to me, with food and water in there. I'm taking it to camp and hiking it hard this weekend, and that will probably enlighten me a bit more.

The challenge I have is that very often I'm responsible for other people's kids when we're out there. My son and I can go pretty minimal at this point, but even though I don't expect it'll come to it, I've got to prepare to support a couple of other kids for a possible unexpected overnighter, not to mention that it's my BOB so potentially going to support my son and baby daughter too.

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA