Originally Posted By: Glock-A-Roo
Originally Posted By: Tjin
I wrote a little bit more about the resqme on mine blog.

Tjin, I read the following at your blog:

"- Cut the seat-belt in a 45 degree angle to minimize the chance of the webbing being bunching up and blocking the cutting action. A 90 degree cutting angles causes bunching up of the webbing."

That is an excellent point. Noted, and thanks!

A note about the LifeHammer: one of the advantages of a spring loaded device over something like the LifeHammer is that you don't have to be able to swing the Res-Q-Me. If you are injured, or the car is flooded with water, it can be very hard to swing the hammer-style tool.

It's fairly natural to cut the seat belt diagonally (45degree ish) when you cut your own seat belt. So i think most people do this without knowing it.

As for swinging, i'm not sure what is best. Mine experience is that you shouldn't be to gentle using a resqme. To weak and the window doesn't shatter, which mean I use a resqme with small swing.

I have never had to use it in a real crash, only on the training wrecks, so i can't comment on real use with injuries.

I prefer a simple resqme or lifehammer over other rescue knife, like the spyderco mentioned. They are fine for rescuers, but for an victim it's safer in use and easier to mount in a good place in the car.