Bigger knives seem to have a different mentality about them, IMO. It's taken me a while to find a place in my heart for fixed blades, but I'm not sure I'll ever get into beefier knives for anything other than wood processing (and bigger food prep jobs) when I don't want to bring my axe. My CRKT Mt. Rainier folder, SAKs and Wave will probably always be my go to knives.

Just for reference, there are my three fixed blades. The blade lengths of the Ruko and BG are almost identical, but you can see the huge difference between the knives. They both feel good in the hand, but that BG knife is probably going to have a very limited role in my kit. The smallest of the three is the knife my son bought me for Mother's Day last year, and I actually find it too short for most of the tasks I want to do with it. (Wood and food prep.) Weird that my folders are even smaller but I'm very comfortable with using them for just about everything. (I think it's a grip thing, btw.)

All of them do this quite well:

And this, which I'd never ask of a folder:

Regardless of which ones I actually pack when I head off the concrete, my belt is probably going to keep looking this this:

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA