Originally Posted By: ireckon
Originally Posted By: UTAlumnus
+1 I EDC the -01T. The blade is right at three inches if you measure from the start of the cutting edge. Once you get used to the auto-LAWKS safety, It is easily opened and closed one handed. It locks and stays locked until you release it.

I just ordered the CRKT M16-01T. This knife looks like it's custom tailored for me.

CRKT m16's are nice knives and they're half what you're budgeting so it is something to think about. I have a M16-12ZER that I trash around a lot. I picked it up at a garage sale as a sharpening project because the previous owner should have gotten arrested for cruelty to knives. It took an hour to get it back into shape. It has become my go to knife for things like cardboard boxes, cutting plastic, and all other things I wouldn't want to damage another knife on.
I really like both the flipper opener and auto lawks safety. The lawks gives added piece of mind that the lock won't fail (Doug's lock is stronger). After a little practice it is easy to close one handed. I reprofiled the blade so I can't speak about the factory grind but it sharpens well. It is thicker than my other two recommendations. I would not recommend the tano unless you like that shape.
If I was ranking one of the single blades that I mentioned I would say 1 Doug's, 2 delica, 3 a m16.

After reading a number of posts you might want to reconsider and get a multi tool. If this purchase is just for the trip then a multi tool will serve you longer, be more functional and is more non-knife onlookers friendly. I know my leatherman charge tti sees a lot more use than any of my single blades knives.

Please let us know what you finally decide upon.