I'm with you, hikermkor. I've never been a fan a big knives. I've always gotten along with my SAK, folder or my Wave. Only in the last few years have I even brought a fixed blade with me, and the two I have are only 3.5 and 4 inches respectively. I've never felt the need for a big knife than my 4 inch Ruko Muela. I've historically just gone for a saw or axe for bigger jobs.

I didn't actually want one. I'm not complaining though, and after two sessions with it, I like it. It's a very thoughtful gift. I'm using my knife more and more as a substitute for an axe or hatchet so it'll be a good experiment for me. I'm thinking of it like a little machete. I can't imagine wearing it on my belt though, and I won't forgo a good axe in the winter and early Spring. The knife is in my pack now, snugly beside my new Bacho Laplander. My Wave will be on my belt too, since I use that sucker alot, thinking particularly about the pliers when I'm cooking. It should be an interesting summer of picking a new favourite combination of sharps.

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA