Slingshots I carry with extra bands (Commercial folding wrist-braced steel ones), because ammunition is everywhere, plus I carry a small tube of BB's, a few 1/8" & 1/4" diameter steel balls.

Throwing sticks are everywhere in the woods and a rock attached to the end of a stick makes for more force wheather thrown or used for clubbing.

I would like to make a bola, but consider it rather impractical in the Wisconsin woods, except possibly for the Eskimo version used for bringing down birds.

A thrusting spear that has a flame hardened point may not be as good as a metal point, but will work better than poking the game in the eyes with your fingers.

An atala would be nice, but my joints are not very cooperative for that kind of activity.

Range Rick had a great suggestion on his website about using fiberglass tent supports to make an expedient bow, albiet not very powerful, but still very useful.

Now if only someone made a snap-together fiberglas bow that was simple and broke down into maybe four 15" pieces.

Bountyhunter