Dropped by my local Home Depot after work today to get some new work gloves, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that they finally had these new Cree LED bulbs on display near the entrance. And in the lighting section, they also had many new Philips LED floodlights that I don't recall seeing before.

I bought a warm white Cree "60W" bulb. I have only used it a short time so far, but I like it. Very compact, good light distribution, and a nice warm light that is easy on the eyes. Well worth the $12 price. And they even come with this rubbery "safety coating" in case you drop it. But even if you did break one, there's no poisonous mercury vapor in them like CFL's.

I also picked up a Philips "60W" floodlight. They have a number of floodlight models. This one is part of their AmbientLED line, although I don't know what that is supposed to mean. It's advertised as a warm white (3000K), but the light is very crisp and seems cooler than 3000K to me. Good if you want bright illumination but it's a tad harsh for my taste. Rather hefty, beefy build, so I think the LED's are heatsinked well and this floodlight should last a good long time, I think.

I think I'll be picking up more of these Cree bulbs for other lamps around the house. Personally, I'll take these Cree or Philips bulbs over CFL's any day. A big thumbs up from me! laugh