Quote:
I have to admit, I've been eyeing one of those crook knives and fighting the urge to make my own spoon and cup. How cool would it be to eat with/out of/off something you made yourself. What a hand-me-down that would be!

I am a handyman type guy and appreciate things made by oneself. I have actually made my own workbench and work table in my man cave. I have also made all my bookshelves in my office.

It is a great feeling, I agree. But my point is that we should buy things we will really use and benefit from as much as possible. Take a hatchet or tomahawk for example. I can use it for bushcrafting, garden work and be there for survival situations. But if you think of a crook knife, you make one spoon or cup, and that's it. You cannot even use it for food preparation (maybe you can, but I can't .. LOL )

I cannot see much of general use for it to justify buying it, much less carrying it around.

But then again, a camera is not a survival tool, yet I like to carry one around in my camping trips !! Touche !!