Originally Posted By: haertig
[quote=bacpacjac]but I had to laugh at all those guns (11 ...

Actually, I'd be crying for the poor guy if he only has eleven, not laughing at him. cry
[\quote]

And I thought it was the Coglahns survival tin that was worth crying over. YMMV!

Originally Posted By: haertig

Quote:
I know hardly any of them, but know you can use a shotgun, rifle, bow, crossbow. No idea about auto or semi-auto, etc...

Well, at least you recognize there is a difference between "auto" and "semi-auto"

We're thinking a 22/410 would be a good start. It's one of the guns my hubby learned on and, from the little I know of it, seems like it would be perfect for us. We've got an extremely tight budget so we're not likely to turn into a multiple gun owning family, at least for a while, so the 22/410 combo seems like a good compromise - a rifle and shotgun in one. We want something for food procurement (small game primarily) and perhaps a little defense, and this seems like something we could all use. (Well, not the baby, she's not going anywhere near it until she's old enough. In my mind, that's around ten but dependant on each kiddo's personality and maturity.)

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA