5 sharps girl would like to offer a little insight into my particular set-up. Not trying to be defensive, just trying to illustrate that everyone's situation is different.

1. Leatherman Wave - this is part of my EDC that I keep on my body when I go off-roading. If I don't list it, someone always suggests a multi-tool. I use the knife for food, but I also keep it around for the pliers, scissors and screwdrivers.

2. Fixed blade - this is dedicated to non-food stuff like wood processing, cutting ropes and vines, etc.

3. Gerber Clutch on lanyard - stored in kit but worn on body and used regularly at Scouting events. This is a really tiny blade and almost not worth carrying except that it comes in handy a lot at Scouting meetings and events, it shaves sticks pretty well and would make a decent backup in the bush should I ever drop lose my primary knife.

4. Tiny folding knife in fire kit - this is the scraper for the ferro rod, in a stand alone fire kit that my son and Scouts often use.

5. Bahco Laplander - we're still going below freezing here and processing wood without a saw or axe is very difficult. This particular saw is new for me. I won it in the fall and haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Now, in the late spring, summer and early fall, I can ditch the saw/axe, but I still sit at 4 sharps and I have to say that I'm pretty happy with that set up for my BOB. On the other hand, I only usually EDC one or two - my Wave and the SAK on my key chain, which is my absolute EDC when I leave the house.

Edited by bacpacjac (04/17/13 03:36 AM)
Edit Reason: LM Wave lovin'

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA