Originally Posted By: bacpacjac

LOL! I'm not anti-gun, Snake. In fact, I expect to own one within a few years. (We're debating shotgun or rifle right now.) This just reminded of a recent ETS discussion and the Coglahns can. If there's anything in there that's really needed, personally, I'd sacrifice a little of that fire power to get a good one of whatever it is.

That was somewhat my point too. He has several handguns listed but less than a box of ammo for some of them. If your not going to feed them then sell them to someone that would. You have to use the tools to be proficient.

I grew up with rifles hanging on the rack that we sighted in the day before deer season. I still have the half a box of .22 hornet from then its probably 25 years old. I haven't shot that little youth rifle in probably 10 years. But I haven't been able to coordinate my schedule with my wife and kids schedule to go hunting.

I bought my first pistol this year and setup some targets twice and burned through 150 rounds each time. I wanted to make sure I'm comfortable, familiar and competent with it. So when I see his listing of 24 rounds thats way too low to me.

I just dipped under 300 rounds for my handgun so I'm going to see if I can get a couple more from the one store that has been able to keep some in stock as we have another farm trip the end of the month so that give me an opportunity to practice some more. I don't need that much but if I make a couple trips and can't restock in between I want to have some extra to carry me over. As I get more proficient I'll not shoot as much then but just like any skill or exercising you have to do it regularly. So I plan to budget myself and plan x number of 'range' trips per year, just like I do x number of camping trips. Set goals and adjust the goals based on the outcome.