Quote:
Building stuff out of metal and plastic garbage. I've used my knife and pop cans to make a hobo stoves and fishing lures. I've also used it to cut down plastic pop bottles to turn them into scoops. I also used it last week to cut off a piece of inner tube to make some ranger bands.

NOW, we are talking.

Macgyvering stuff is a big hobby for me. A multitool and some wire clothes hangers (for example) can go a long way fixing camping trip's problems.

Regarding the RUKO, this knife is awsome.
It has all I love for a multi-purpose knife. The serrated portion is there, but still not interfering with the straight edge. The spine is long enough for battoning, despite of the serration ( compare that with the SP-8 for example). Great knife design.

OTOH, I don't like looooong knives with loooong tips. My Mcgyveric brain prefers shorter, stouter, less tippy , and more chisely type of knives.

Maybe I will buy a RUKO, saw off 2 inches and re-model the tip to my liking. It will be more suitable for rough work like digging, and even better for cooking : it won't scratch the pot with that fine tip while stirring the soup.

Thanks