I wouldn't want to be stranded in the wilderness with just this kit, but I think that's true of most all kits. On the upside, I like that this kit includes a decent shelter component (the 2 person SOL survival blanket) .... this is something that is not included in most kits I've seen.

If you had a knife with you & had this kit in your daypack along with with a water bottle, some food, map, compass, a flashlight, a small FAK, rain gear, and some extra clothing I think you'd being doing alright if you found yourself spending an unexpected night in the woods. I'd want more, but at least you'd have the basics of shelter & signalling which, I think, are the most important and hardest to improvise.

This is how I'm starting to think of survival kits. They aren't so much the everything that I need in an emergency, but they contain either things I'm not carrying otherwise (like the survival blanket or signal mirror) or backups for my primary gear (like the button compass).