Hey all,
I'm putting togethather an altoids size psk for a relative who is going to be entering the military. From time to time I'll be asking questions of the brain trust here for advice and on certain items which will be included in it. This thime it's flashelights. What I'm looking for is a TINY flashlight. It must use AAA batteries so I can include the ones with a ten year shelf life. It must be LED and it must give the same amount of light or greater than the ultra inifinity light with a single alkiline A battery. Spare colored Lenses would be a welcome bonus. I saw a fenix lite in a catalog that I could possibly slim dowm and shorten a bit with my old pen lathe in a catalog but there was no mention of lumens and it was half inch diameter, the same as thier single A. Far too thick for such a small container.
A note on flashlights here. I bought a small rubber coated AAA model. On the package it clearly said IDEAL FOR EMERGENCY/SURVIVAL KITS. It also claimed 9000 lumens twice, front and back. It is manufactured by Vibe. I put batteries in it, new alkilines, and waited until it was dark and expected to light up the great room like it was daylight. "Old batteries," Bunny suggested and Tomboy rolled on the couch laughing. Three different sets of batteries later we compared it to the 5 lumen Everready head lamp I had bought anf the flashlight was barely brighter. So I strongly suggest caution when considering any VIBE product from Dollar General or any other source.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by Snake_Doctor (04/03/13 08:08 PM)