Originally Posted By: spuds
Ive gone on some pretty snowy roads coming home,I just push on,sure many others do,BUT I have great faith in my truck vrs cars from experience.Too many folks thinks a rice rocket is a snow vehicle,they are stuck constantly,my surprise is that more dont perish than do.

A flatlander in the hills is in trouble,as you could say about many other situations we face in life.
No vehicle (truck or car) is immune to getting stuck. A couple of days ago we had a big snow,and I had to help a youung neighbor get her big gnarly 4WD pickup unstuck from her driveway. She had somehow managed to get high centered on the berm at the edge of the driveway. Myself and another neighbor finally pulled her out with....believe it or not....a little import car.

Please note Spuds, that I am not suggesting you would exercise bad judgement or get yourself into trouble. I'm sure you are very careful about where and when you travel in snow country. But people should stay away from the idea that a 4WD somehow means they will never get stuck. Good judgement by the driver is far more important than the rig they are driving. When people get careless, their big 4WD PU or SUV often just gets further into a bad situation before they get stuck.

Edited by AKSAR (03/29/13 10:27 PM)
Edit Reason: I can't type today!