Originally Posted By: Bingley
Originally Posted By: sybert777
I didn't dismiss it. I applied a real, natural explanation, to what may e regarded as a supernatural experience. You see it all over the globe, people or tribes that take hallucinogens to bring them spiritual guidance. I did not mean to offend. However, say I was put into a situation in which I did see a "Third Man".. I would be reluctant to follow the advice of someone who is not there, or trained in S&R.

I'm not letting you off that easily. You said you're not here to discuss whether God exists, just how much religion helps in survival situations. But you have no trouble discussing issues of faith when it suits you. That's either foolishness or hypocrisy.

I'm not offended. I mentioned the "Third Man" as bait to see what you'd say. You showed who you are.

Did I mention anything disregarding whether God exists? I believe not. a "Third Man" has nothing to do with religion. You may argue that is does, fine. I simply stated that a scientific explanation of it would be a hallucination. If you still want to believe that I made an ad hominem on faith, feel free.

I have no trouble asking logical questions about a person's faith. If someone says that they believe Poseidon saved them from the Titanic, I would not doubt that they elieve Poseidon exists, I would simply ask why they feel he helped them.

You are viewing everything I say through a bias that I am trying to attack religious beliefs. If I truly wanted to attack your religious beliefs, I would, trust me. I would rather not get kicked out of ETS, nor would I want to be stigmatized here.

So, please stop making unsubstanciated claims, I would appreciate it.