Originally Posted By: ireckon

Out of all people, atheist probably need the most help in a survival situation. It takes more guts to be an atheist because, what happens if you're wrong?

The reverse is certainly true as well. What if the source of the help you are relying on does not actually exist?

That is why I think relying on training, education, experience, and gear is much safer than trusting in something that may or may not even exist. In fact, it is certainly safer than relying solely on such a source even if it does exist.

If your personal belief system includes the idea that some supernatural power will help you along the way as you need it, I am fine with you believing in that. I choose a much surer path. That path, by the way, does not preclude a supernatural being's involvement. It just does not rely first and foremost on divine intervention, given how uneven that has proven to be over the years.

Bob