Originally Posted By: Bingley
We're not a forum on Big Foot, the Loch Ness Monster, or UFOs... But what should we equip ourselves with for an encounter?

Some sort of recording device, for sure. The video/camera on your cell phone, or even better, a dedicated HD camcorder.

Plastic bags to gather evidence.

Does bear spray work o Big Foot, or will we get into a "what caliber will work according to my friend who knows stuff" debate?

Most of us can keep the Loch Ness off of your list to prep for - that whole Atlantic Ocean thing seems to work pretty well wink

UFO's? I'll pack a lot of prescriptions to help with forgetting the experience and the PTSD afterwards.

Bigfoot? There's an interesting question - if it does exist, that would be really cool. But, paper bags work better for evidence than plastic. They allow moisture transfer to minimize rotting or mold. Latex gloves (or similar) to avoid your contaminating the evidence. Sterile q-tips for saliva or fluid samples - cotton, not dacron tips. The paper wrapper works OK for a temporary container after the sample is withdrawn. A pen to mark time/location on the sample. Camera would be great for documentation purposes. Ideally some notepad paper to correlate picture with evidence number, and a person to record so you don't contaminate going between pen/paper and samples.

FYI, I've taken a few courses on dealing with evidence collection before. If anyone has experience to refute these claims, I'm open to learning more.