Well I am waiting for spring to arrive (and by the looks of things, it wont'! It snowed Friday, snowed yesterday, and is snowing again today. This on top of a record amount of snow we already have and temps that are 15*C below norm.) So even though I am getting in some extra snowshoe practice, my kayak and golf clubs and running shoes are begging me to take them out. I just tell them to wait another MONTH or more! Blech!

Indoor stuff
- I am doing some playing around with my old and new equipment and I am working on a review of Dave Canterbury's Pocket Hunter Kit c/w arrows (mixed opinion so far).
- I am touching up my knives and sorting gear out.
- I noticed I was low on repackaged duct tape so I re-wrapped approx. 20' lengths of duct tape onto some business cards and several feet onto pencil stubs.
- I have a couple of wood stoves that I need to do some burning comparisons on including a bush buddy so I am starting to collect enough natural material to do so.
- I booked a course on outdoor navigation and started to plan my spring vacation even with the weather we are having.
- I sourced out some "bank line" that Dave Canterbury keeps raving about. You know what, nobody actually calls it bank line. Its tarred nylon seine twine that is sold in marine shops. I couldn't find a Canadian source but the cheapest US source was Memphis Net & Twine. So I ordered #12 and #36 spools of the stuff, it should arrive in the next couple of days.
- I uploaded a few more map overlays into my GPSr (its like loading google earth as an overlay!)

Outdoor stuff

- Experimenting with different clothing layering. So far, my merino wool base layer is winning over synthetic base layers and my lightweight fleece sweater seems to have shrunk (or I've put on weight?)
- Bought snowshoes as my birthday present to myself in January (Atlas 11x30s) and have been trying them on various types of terrain. Yesterday I fell for the first time and had to figure out how to get back up in waist deep snow! All the while my brain was hearing the little ditty "help, I've fallen and I can't get up." I really need to switch to snow baskets for my hiking poles!
- Tried to get some pics of some white tail deer on the trail but by the time I got the camera out they had mostly moved on.
- Changed the oil in the vehicle, gave it a wash and filled the tank. Mechanic says I have a leak in the transfer case so I am doing some investigative searching to figure out what this might cost me to fix.