Jeannette, I am not a wilderness guy myself. The overall theme of being equipped is what keeps me here. Your perspective helps all of us because we don't live in the Metroplex. The Metroplex is different from NYC, Atlanta, DC, Boston; you name it. Each wrinkle in the fabric adds to the richness. I was so glad when the Urban section was added. It was a natural outgrowth of what Doug has been advocating - be equipped. Our personal interests in books, movies, and so on are not necessarily what binds us as a cyber community. It is the fact that we are equippers and want to know more about it and share it with others that is what is important. I shared the woman-specific threads with a guy I know because he has four girls. Those threads are invaluable. The same is true for the viewpoint of a Texan sci-fi gal - invaluable. We need to hear it. If you happen to come across a nerdy-geeky type that is great. If you come across a guy like me; a low-brow, slack-jawed, knuckle-draggin' drooler, that is fine too. I said all of that to say this: we need to hear your voice just as much as anybody else's. Keep pluggin' away sister!!

My $.02