Originally Posted By: Dagny

The B.O.S.S. is based on this model: Little Guy's off-roader.

Some peops do take their vehicles off the beaten path. The capability to take a trailer along has appeal.

http://www.golittleguy.com/teardrops/models/rough-rider/

Less elaborate (and lighter) teardrops are being pulled by VW Bugs and other diminutive vehicles. Even just this small taste of the RV lifestyle makes one appreciate how wonderful it can be to be permanently packed (minus food) and able to hitch-and-go for a weekend or to escape some calamity.
-----------------------
ILBob
No reason an inexpensive cargo trailer cannot be used.

Plus 2 on the above.That rough rider is awesome!!!!

We were out for a week with a big fire.

Being in the RV meant we had a stove,real one,oven,heat,running hot and cold water,toilet,water proofed,beds,shower,satellite TV even. While others shivered in freezing rain (which is what finally put out the fires),in mud,wind and thankfully fed by the Churches and Boy Scouts.

My life lesson was Scouts,Churches and unknown 'neighbors' rallied to help,I saw the absolute best side of people in this disaster.albeit a small one.Restored my faith in a lot of humans,but you relief people have seen that,we Joe Schmoes havent,its astounding.

To have a complete home,on wheels,as comfortable as your home you live in,ready to go in an instant.....a lot to said for that.Good gig if you can get it,costs and space ,etc,dont allow it as viable for oh so many unfortunately.

I cant see 'making do' as a survivalist when you can live in comfort in many suburban emergencies.I always go with the highest best option we can manage.

Miss the RV but current conditions preclude one,we are now truck campers,no where near as nice but it works and the next best thing for us.

Trailers have some expense,motorized RVs are expensive propositions to maintain.

Trailer would be my first choice now if all options were open.

OH,a friend has an offroad capable tent trailer,very easy tow with the comforts of home,self contained.Surprised at the costs,not cheap,but boy do they love it.