Wow, lotta posts on this!

+1 on the Sea-to-Summit / REI Ti long handled spoons. Shape-wise, they are a significant improvement on the MRE style / Lexan MRE style.

When I'm out, one of those (REI) Ti long handled spoons is in my shirt pocket - on a neck lanyard with a tiny S 'biner.

I use an MSR Ti spoon and fork set every day at work for bkfst and lunch (unless at a business lunch). We really like those sets, but no longer carry them because the long handled Ti spoon is more useful.

The lexan stuff is OK and I used it for years - drilled a hole in the handles for lanyard use / keeping sets together.

Tried a Ti spork on several campouts - whaaat??? Count me in the "hatem" group - sucks for most uses - YMMV. Have seen many "Light My Fire" sporks (foons? those short double-ended things) self destruct in routine use by scouts.

A plain old stainless steel tablespoon works great and they're cheap (Good Will). I used one of those for too many years when I camped with our rich uncle and wouldn't bug me to go back - except I REALLY like those REI / S-t-S long Ti spoons.

I rarely (never) carry a fork these days - spoon + one of my EDC knives. One spoon on me + a spare in the pack if it's an extended trip. IF I'm feeling especially like "gourmet" cooking, I add a bamboo "wooden spoon" kind of thing - rounded on one edge and straight on the other. It works to stir, flip, serve, etc. and is a ton easier to keep clean than a traditional wooden spoon. Cheap, too.

I have no issues with Ti spoon and non-stick coated cookware. It's the operator, not the equipment... with the better grade of coatings. Cheap stuff like the coated cookware patrol cooksets, yeah - I think I could scratch that stuff with a wooden spoon.

I mostly use hard anodized cookware these days (poor man's Ti). Some SS (well, my old style MSR kettle) unless I'm whining about my pack weight. ETA - I don't leave home without a USGI SS canteen cup + type I stove.

Spoon is the indispensable utensil, without a doubt.