So many 'sources' quoting pure smack (McFeely) in my opinion,like that McFeely,sounds like pure nonsense to me promoting his facility on the back of a womens death.

Ive never seen anywhere here that a Calif nurse is required by LAW under our licensing to do CPR when not acting in a professional manner and on the clock to provide said care as legally required for the entity they are working in,a LICENSED MEDICAL facility/entity which assisted living is not,per regulations.

If the nurse was paid by assisted living to provide MEDICAL care,which I doubt is legal under terms of that facilities license,Ive never heard about it.Seems to me that Nurse would be facing all kinds of liabilities a lay person wouldnt be under the Good Samaritan law.

Again,comparing apples to oranges,2 different facilities entirely,assisted living and a nursing home.

Show me anywhere in the Calif Nursing Board regs that a RN MUST provide CPR outside company policy or in any sort of setting not licensed to provide medical care.Or that failure to do so is a licensure revokable offense,in VIOLATION of employer policy no less!

I can fully understand why a company would not want to expose themselves to liability providing medical care under their auspices they arent licensed to provide when EMS exists to legally provide such care.

Thats my OPINION only as a LICENSED RN Im not a lawyer and as all facts arent in but the hysteria.