Interesting idea.

I used translucent coroplast for the sides and roof of a greenhouse. It's pretty durable -- held up to high winds, light hail, northern cold and summer heat. Ten years later, the stuff is a bit brittle but still intact.

The translucent stuff would be generally adequate as privacy panelling IMO, and the interior would be nicely lit.

I wonder how he got it to fold into a half moon like that? It's pretty flexible, but it can kink if you fold it too far. Maybe do small, incremental folds on a hot, sunny day?

I'm not sure about his zip-tie system. The wind can work this stuff and enlarge the holes. I would add a few bolts with large washers on either side (maybe small eyebolts for a light clothes line or interior attachment points?).

This shelter would need some sort of ground anchor. It's light, large, and potentially airborne.

Hikermor raised a key concern: moisture management. It needs much better ventilation for both heat and cold. Coroplast is waterproof plastic, and condensation/frost would form inside on cooler nights. That can make it pretty miserable at 5 a.m.

Lastly, what did he use for the floor? Coroplast would get mangled pretty fast.