Not having anything to do with who hosts this forum ...

I find most of the beefy knives just too heavy to carry. That's my frustration with Leatherman knives too. If I need that kind of cutting power I'll just bring an axe (and usually do ... and a saw).

My favorite knife for outdoor use to date is the Doug Ritter RSK Mk3 - the so-called "fixed Rittergrip".

In my view it is perfectly sized (not too big - not too small), has great blade steel and shape, has a tough, nicely shaped, and perfectly textured handle, and has a bit of a built-in finger guard. I also like the sheath's multiple attachment capabilities.

I waited a long time for Doug to come out with the long-hinted Mk3, and it met all my expectations. BTW, I like his Mk2 (RitterBecker) too, but I prefer lighter weight knives.

If you're looking for a lower cost option, then my recommendation is the Mora Robust - for only $15. The blade is noticeably thicker, but still the whole package is plenty light enough to carry. I wish they made a stainless version of this knife. Yes, I know lots of people prefer carbon steel, but I tend to prefer stainless (or semi-stainless).