Quote:
Frankly, I have to doubt the maturity of any guy whose automatic solution is to draw a hard line whenever the girlfriend/wife is not on board with 24/7 prepping.

There is a difference between a spouse who will not agree with you buying 10,000 rounds of ammo, and a spouse who will push you into a situation.

My wife made all kinds of fun of me when I bought several jars of honey or peanut butter. I was patient and understood that not everyone is lucky enough to be prepper-minded. Patience paid off, food prices climbed up and now we buy stuff by the case. Her view is "saving money" and mine is "be prepared", and it's a win-win situation.

Having said that, there is still no way that I will accept some of her views ( sometiomes illogical or unsafe ) and will try to convince her, then will let her do the stuff on herself, but not me. You know, even around you , you read about colloidal silver and what not. I really don't want to be a lab rat for all those unproven (I have read somewhere.....) type of thing.

One time she had some water with some mud which said to have some benefits (she heard somewhere). I insisted on filtering the mud or else I am not even touching it.