I'm reading reports of a very responsive crew attending to the needs of passengers - doing their level best, without power. That's good, or at least better than the Costa Concordia evacuation. Sorta like they might have drilled for this scenario. There are accounts of bariatric patients needing assistance going up and down stairs, continued cooling of meds, and other common everyday urgencies that have to be attended to, or a bad situation gets worse real fast. I'd say that someone on board was in command and paying a lot of attention to customer service. I'd be interested after hearing more whether this assistance extended below the water line, to the second, third or fourth class passengers (or whatever their equivalent is).

And I'm sorta curious about disposing of sewage as well. What did they do with the bags, did crew members collect them, and stow them? I find it strange that they would leave them in the hallways. Was there any disposal at sea, or dumping directly into the bilges? Inquiring minds want to know...