I'd add a solar charger for the batteries that would power the flashlight, headlight and radio. The other option is to take a lot of batteries. A waterproof PLB would be great too.

I think the whole cruise ship concept is nuts. Back in the days of the Titanic, folks boarded the ships to get from the US to Europe and back, it was a means of transportation. It was made luxurious for those that could afford it.

I have spent some time on the Queen Mary, now a hotel in Long Beach harbor and although the old Altantic crossing ships were huge, they did not have the passenger capacity of a modern cruise ship, The old ocean liners had to be able to navigate the rough seas of the North Atlantic and were designed with that in mind.

The modern cruise ship is not usually capable of sailing across open oceans, they stay close to shore, relatively and avoid rough seas. They are also stacked very high off the water to make room for thousands of passengers and are somewhat limited in their ability to stay upright in rough conditions.

If there is ever an incident on the ship, it is a maze and very difficult to navigate around on when the lights go out and the ship is in danger. Refer to the Concordia that capsized and partially sank off the coast a few years ago.

Bottom line, stay away, if at all possible.