DS is a TV show. TV is a business. They are in business to make money. Drama + Action = Viewers. The more viewers...the more money.

I watch the show because I like it and because I am thoroughly entertained. That does not always happen though.

About the episode dubbed "On The Menu" :

One thing (amongst many) that really seemed wierd was the whole concept about being two game warden's who overheated their vehicle's engine and lost track of where they were. So far so good...or at least it's possible albeit remotely possible. However to have TWO game warden's completely WITHOUT knives or any kind of firearms seems beyond ludacris to me.

DS has always been scripted, but with this season it seems to have been cranked up quite a bit. In fact I really hope that it is because of the script that Cody seems like a complete survival novice half the time. "I'm only going to carry firewood because you went up the mountain to get us ice...." crazy

Please !!!!

Or..."I live and work in the desert...I haven't carried firewood for over 20 years and I'm not about to start now..."

Well, Cody...are you at home ??? Where are you Cody ??? Have you ever heard about the "grab it while you can" survival mantra ???

Look up the Atacama desert !!!! Any 5 y/o can google Atacama these days...

And so on...

I love the show and will continue to watch it. Perhaps I treat it like when I watch Star Wars or Star Trek...it's a guilty pleasure. It's entertainment....

One last thing : I would have to agree with what was said in this thread about children no longer being able to watch the show. Sad but true. All we have is...DS and Survivorman. Both shows are being watched by children although Survivorman is in a whole other category when it comes to being fit for children.