Originally Posted By: gulliamo
A couple of thoughts if you really want to go lighter (I have plenty more if you're looking to go the ultra light route but I doubt this is the forum for that).

Knife: Both the Izula and Bravo Necker weigh less than 1.5oz and they will chop down a tree.

Light: The Four Sevens Mini is 200+ lumens and weighs 0.6oz. It also has several nice distress modes (beacon) that last for weeks.

Saw: I doubt your saw weighs much but this saw is so small you can carry it in your front pockets. I've cut through 12" trees with mine.

A CanteenShop GrillTop Stove will allow you to boil water in your canteen cup - thus ditching the kettle and stove. I really like your kettle by the way. I have one and use it regularly just not when trying to stay light.

Take the rope off the spool. You'll shave another ounce (hey, it adds up! Especially when you're carrying enough of a load up front!)

I've never had good luck with that brand of emergency blanket. I've had much better success with AMK.

Ultra Sil tarps and ponchos are awesome but pricy...

Does this help?

Thanks so much, Gulliamo! These are great suggestions. I'll definitely take them to heart as I upgrade this kit.

FWIW - this pack came into being because I recieved the laplander, kettle and mini esbit stove for Christmas. Everything else was pulled out of storage. I didn't want to spend money on a new kit but had the itch to build a new one, more in line with my current physical condition and limitations.

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA