Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
Originally Posted By: Blast
I think the foam is NOT injected into the abdominal cavity but rather underneath the torso muscles but outside the membrane surrounding the "gut sack". This way it doesn't get intertwined with all the intestines and organs. The hardened block does need to be surgically removed, but that's probably a minor part of the surgery needed to fix the original wound.

-Blast

I hope it's not injected between the musculature and the fascia. Because a if those materials in your body stretch or tear you could end up with multiple hernias. Granted as you said whatever surgery is required to stop the internal bleeding would possibly be used to repair any hernias, if that does occur in this case.

Although at only 30x's expansion that's possibly within tolerable limits to the tissue.

Don't forget infarcting any small capillary beds. I'm thinking GI system, mainly. And I'm sure the surgeons would absolutely LOVE tracking every little bit of this stuff and scraping it off.

Interesting idea? Absolutely. Hopefully they'll find a way to make it not exothermic, biodegradable, able to hold "enough" pressure but not too much pressure, and storage stable. Tall orders, but hey, that's why those folks got PhD's!