Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
Don't even waste your money on the Sidekick or the Wingman. Both have multiple failure points and are not worth the metal they're stamped from.

That's really good know, thanks for the heads up.

Originally Posted By: IzzyJG99
My advice would be to head to SAK Wiki's site with the listings of all of the 111mm knives. Go through each of them and look at them. Then you can make a really informed and good decision. http://www.sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Victorinox+111mm

That's just for the Victorinox ones. But if you go to SAK Wiki's homepage you can check out the Wenger comparable models as well, which in recent years have become quite interesting and good. But Wenger'a quality isn't quite the same.

More great information, thanks.

I have had good success with Wengers; I had (or maybe have if I can figure out what my son did with it) an older version of the current Wenger 78 that definitely fits my original bill. Back then the main blade was a clip point and not a one-hand opener and had the slide lock mechanism instead of their new logo button.

It seems to be easier to find the Victorinox models locally though.

Actually, I do have a question about the difference between these companies' lock blades though. From what I've seen, it looks like the Wenger lock blades are a bit bigger, a bit heavier and a bit more expensive than the Victorinox models. Have you compared the 2 side by side & is there a functional difference between the 2 (assuming we're talking about comparable feature sets - like the 78 vs. the OHT for example)?

Thanks.