Bingley....OK,situations asked for and situations where it may be used were given. From low to high threat I see uses.

Take it or leave it,Im not here to argue why,Im doing it.I dont need to justify to your satisfaction WHY,nor 'stick to a level,etc'.I am getting a cane/stick, I am not being talked out of defending self and family, Im not here to be talked out of it,thank you very much.Thats not happening.

When youve faced the threat,BTDT,talk to me on the why fors,until then,what you think I NEED doesnt really matter,thats your take,not mine. So dont get mad when your advice isnt relevant to my situation.
=======================
Thank you all for models you carry.Most helpful.I see 2 choices Im most impressed by,that being the stick and the walking stick cane style,will get both.
=======================

No,they dont issue carry in SoCal,extremely rare,esp LA,Orange or San Berdo (per websites on carry),a few places in Northern state do routinely.Open carry has just been outlawed in state,at least most recent Ive seen on subject,if its been stopped let me know.Sounds like a risky proposition at best,I saw the thing on possession in state parks,not sure that means open carry......
switchblade case makes the idea sound a bit risky.And it certainly isnt legal in Rancho Cucamonga,San Berdo,Victorville,etc, the cane is,hence the thread,but thank you for the comment and taking time to reply,much appreciated for sure.

BTW,what do you think of the San Berdo BK,its gotten very scarey there,Staters/Cardenas and such have really beefed up the private guards,doubling and tripling presence.Trust me,get outta town by dusk,the criminal Gang Bang element just pours out and even waaaay more visible in daylight since BK,cops cut drastically.Its almost like an Armageddon movie.Welcome to Compton.

What is Open Carry?

Open Carry (OC) refers to the act of carrying a firearm in plain sight.

Is Open Carry Legal in California?

Open carry of loaded firearms has been illegal in California since Governor Reagan banned it back in 1968. With the recent passage and signing of AB 144 by Governor Brown, Open Carry of unloaded handguns is no longer legal in most of California effective Jan 1, 2012. As such, most of this FAQ was obsolete and has been deleted.

Is it true that carrying both a gun and ammo is legally considered loaded?

No. If one carries a firearm with the intent to commit a felony, then it is true. But for the typical law-abiding gun-owner, it is not true. PC 12031 and People v. Clark are all that apply. For more information on the topic, read Defining Loaded in California.

Where can I legally Open Carry?

Loaded Open Carry is legal in your home, temporary residence or campsite (unless otherwise prohibited), place of business, private property, and in areas of unincorporated territory where shooting is not prohibited, including most areas within National Forest and BLM lands.

With AB 144 becoming law, Unloaded Open Carry of handguns is now illegal except where loaded open carry is legal, and also in public lands (National Forests, BLM, etc.) where firearms are permitted.

====================
I am not an attorney, and I don't play one on the Internet. I strongly advice you one and all to consult an attorney in your jurisdiction if you plan to ever have or carry a weapon of any kind for self-defense.

Get training on any weapon you may own. Practice with it safely and regularly.

Pointing a gun at a human being is considered deadly force in all jurisdictions I know of. Don't point a gun at a person unless you are legally and morally able to do so. Never threaten anyone with a gun unless you are willing to shoot immediately.

----------
YUP! I will add to not point a gun unless you are prepared to go straight to jail here,including putting a laser sight on someone here is straight to jail.