Originally Posted By: unimogbert
Also want to think thru the cases where you have to walk home but it's more adverse weather or night or other possible situations.

Well, with sundown now at around 4:40 pm up here, I had the night part down with yesterday's foray. With the ambient city light it was okay, but a good chunk of the distance was on the unlit pathway system. I did have a light on me (my little Fenix E01), but I didn't end up using it. In a more stressful situation, a light might have been good idea ... maybe even a headlamp would be in order (something I don't normally have on me).

As far as adverse weather, I'm seriously playing with the idea of doing this every now & again through the winter. We'll see if I actually test myself through some of the tougher weather conditions as time goes on. Looks like they're forecasting a high of -11 C and some flurries for next Monday, which would be a start smile.