Originally Posted By: nursemike
Originally Posted By: MDinana
I do enjoy shooting, but buying a lot of ammo gets between my wife and I, so that's a hit and miss hobby.

I get the residency I want, it'll change. If not, I may just become a paramedic, make 1/3 the salary, and hopefully be 3x happier.

I am trying to figure out the shooting thing, too-do you think that air rifles, archery, or video game shooters might push the same marksman buttons?

Good luck with the residency-being a doc seemed to be a lot more fun years ago than it is now. Happiest doc I know retired from faculty radiology work and opened up a clinic on st. thomas-no labs, no radiology, limited pharma for folks with no money and no access to health care. he gets paid in fruit and chickens, everybody loves him, no lawyers, no quality improvement studies...he smiles a lot.

Good question. I really like video games but tend to avoid them, mainly because I had them really distract me in college. I actually mentioned trying archery to my wife last month. I liked it in Boy Scouts, and might be easier to do at home in the backyard. I really don't like air rifles, but I started experimenting with .22lr conversions to help manage costs. That has been a bit of fun so far.

Some day when residency is over I'll think about being paid. First things first.