Ok, guys. It's getting a little snippy.

Whenever I contemplate situation like this, I think about it in terms of how it relates to me and family. I tend to do the same in my post-event analysis - whether it's a disaster I personally experienced, or it's an event I watched on the news. "If it were me..." is very different from "They should have..." And I need to remember that I wasn't in their shoes. I see everything through my own lens.

We should also keep in mind that very few people become instantly prepared. Most if us do it one step at a time. I'm pretty well prepared compared to the average Jane, and I like to think that we're in pretty good shape preparedness-wise, but we're still improving our heating and back-up power solutions for our house and I've only got a couple weeks of drinking water stored. The people affected by this storm are on their third week now? No power? No running water? N'Or Easter? hmmm... sounds like the scenario I don't yet feel'totally prepared for but that at the top of my list to be prepared for.

I don't have a way to charge my cel phone when I'm on foot away from my Jeep, home or office. If I got stuck downtown on my 85km commute? I could be one of the people in the OP pic.

We're making improvements to our preps every day, and perhaps we would fair better than some of the peope in the stories we're hearing about, but I'd not about to slam anyone else about their preps. We're doing the best we can and I'm sure so are many of them.

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA