Personally, I Think there *is* some Reasonable Possibility of some level of TEOTWAWKI or Other Societal Disruptions, Coming to Happen. It May or May Not someday occur. But in it's at least Reasonable Possibility, I Prefer to Place my Preparedness Focus on the "May" here.

Now I'm Not a TEOTWAWKI Survivalist! Indeed, I'm Not Any kind of Survivalist, in Our's or the Conventionally Understood Sense of the Term.

I Think that they as a Group, (and in Many to Most Cases Individually), are Often Superfluous, Silly, and can be in some cases Downright Dangerous! Some of them shud Get and Be Real! What are we Going to Hear Next from some of them?, -that Dogs can Fly?!

But However, in my Reasonably Thinking that some Harder, Testing and Trying Times may be Coming, People as me do Share some Limited and Qualified Commonality with their TEOTWAWKI Concerns, in that way.

Economically, Morally, Internationally, Environmentally, and from Energy / Natural Resources and National Security and Defense Standpoints, -I Think that we may be Standing on Increasingly Weaker Ground! -To Give here some generally More Specific Examples of what I Mean.

So some such as I, Do Share in some TEOT. type Concerns, though Certainly Not in the *Ways* that so Many Survivalists and Co.Do!

We also Overlap in our Both being into the Many Nuts and Bolts of Survival. We Both want to Know how to operate Fire Drills, (the Bow kind, I Mean), for example.

But we Part Company from them Beyond Those Two Areas of Limited Commonality.

It's Occurred to me, that we shud Call ourselves "SurvivalERS", to Distinguish Ourselves from they, the SurvivalISTS ! Ordinarily, the Latter would be a Fine Term, in and of Itself, But they of the "Ists" Have Co-Opted the Term for their Own Purposes! We Need a Name and a Term!, for Ourselves, when such Need should Arise! As Surely it Has and Will ! We Cannot Use the Logical and Fine One, that they've Appropriated Unto Themselves! So I Suggest and Propose "Survivalers", in that they've so Taken Over our "Survivalists"!

On Something you've said, I Think that in Any Sort of a Chaotic or TEOT. Situation, that you're Gonna Run into Both Types of People!, -Helpers and Non-Helpers! We've Got to Be Prepared for Both!

As to People Running *Toward* a Disaster or Danger to Help, that may be True in Some to Many Cases. But it's also Flat *Un*true in Many Others! On Sept.11th, I Recall that People were Running like Heck *Away* From what they then knew to be Collapsing Buildings. It's Only Human Nature and Self Preservation. On your Other Side of the Coin, though, I also Recall the Firefighters and Others, Rushing Up *Into* !, the Towers, *To* Rescue People and Otherwise Be of Help! So Both Kinds, once again Abound!

And Finally, I'm Personally into Plain Old, Age Old, Perhaps Less Glamorous, -"What Do you Do in the Woods?!", type Survival ! Anyway and In It's Own Right!

-What you've ever so Learned or Heard About Such back in Scouts! Or Have so Read from Books or Magazines! What you've so Seen, Heard, or Read About in the News! What you've ever so Heard fro Old Dad or Uncle Jim!, Or from People or the Society in General!

I'm Into such Classic, Nuts and Bolts Preparedness and Survival, in it's Own Compelling Calls and Right!, and Not just over various TEOTWAWKI type Possibilities or Concerns! [color:"black"] [/color] [email]martinfocazio[/email]