I'm back! At least for now. crazy

It's been pure hell around here. My area still has no power, no cable tv, no internet, limited phone service, and basically no gasoline. Getting around is difficult with trees and wires still blocking some roads.

Thankfully I fared better than most with only one tree down, which took out the service on the side of our house. We luckily didn't get the heavy rain here, but I've got friends further south whose homes are a complete loss with 4+ feet of water and sand on their first floor.

Our generator has been a godsend. It's been humming along since Monday keeping our food cold and our house warm. We aren't expected to get utility power back to our area until at least Wednesday, with other utilities to follow. I'm especially glad my generator and truck is diesel, as I've still got 1500 gallons on hand, whereas people with gas generators have been fighting tooth and nail for gas.

Our home phone and cell phone service has been iffy. Verizon was fine with text messages (as long as they're text only), calling often didn't work. Now it's getting more reliable. Sprint was absolutely useless. This is the first day I'm getting WiMAX on my laptop and people with Sprint cell phones are still having a lot of trouble making and receiving calls.

Not sure what else to say, except I hope everyone else here did ok.