I kind of see Leathermans point. As knives and other tools become more and more "evil" to the rest of the world they have to find ways to exapnd their market. Making a few cute tools to hopefully sell to poeple and keep their company our of bankrupcy is a good thing as long as they don't abandon the poeple who want real tools. I personally will never buy a tool with a corkscrew because I could care less if someone can't get to their wine (I feel safer if they can't anyway, one less person driving on the road with me after they have had some wine and most social drinkers hold their wine less well that the full fledged alcoholic.)

Paul, you may wish to check on that hex adapter, itlooks to my from the specs to not be hex at all, rather the flattened hex the wave uses, that is my biggest complaint with the new design, I want standard hex.

Some of the new tools I like, If I could have my wave made of a lighter material but still as strong I would buy one, but I'm not willing to give up my finctional screwdrivers for the one in the new wave, the old wave has a functional screwdriver without carryuing the tool adapter then with the too,adapter I can have an unlimited type of screwdrivers. With the new wave I have to carry their special bits with me at all times.

I've been wanting to e-mail leatherman for a while with some new product suggestions. I want to see a recheting screwdriver added to the existing tool adapter. I have added a 1/4" hex to square adapter to mine before and user a hex socket with the adapter set at 90 degrees before when I regular screwdriver couldn't fit and I didn't have a real rachet (those little computer repair kits come with a screwdriver and bits and sockets). I also want to see a larger PST sized tool with wave handles, or even a crunch with wave handles, something big enough for the heavy duty jobs such as changing a fan belt or tightening a loose oil drain plug, something where the smaller size of the wave you just can't get enough leverage.