Originally Posted By: bacpacjac

We did get an old coleman propane heater at a yard sale in the summer but haven't checked it or researched at all yet, so it's useless for the moment.
If its a catalytic heater be careful,if it gets dirty they throw out a lot of CO.Got one here from a garage sale,worthless polluting monster.

Something I read that was interesting was do no let them evac you without your entire family unit , evac at all is another issue,seems bugging in vrs letting the feds take care of you is vastly preferred if you are able.

Families got separated by states during Katrina and the rescue response was good luck,travel to em on your dime.....which is what a lot of folks didnt have,funds to travel on.

Even if you have a lot in Bank,if its local and underwater....no money,argument for Big Bank (Not for me) and another for having a credit card or 2,good when bugged out.

Really wouldnt hurt to have more cash on hand,but like my wallet,someone uses it to save a bank trip and it never stays put here.Very frustrating.