Ok Hiker,you win.Im obviously a mean hateful person insensitive of someones feelings and the decisions they made that KILLED.

It was a brilliant plan,in a very safe wooden ship and alls well that ends well.We all know wooden sailing ships are as safe as modern steel diesel powered ships.Cant argue with that.

Sorry,but in my business I make life or death decisions that can affect you,your wife,husband,Mom,Dad all the time.

I make them Quickly,I dont dawdle.I base them on what is before me and on historical knowledge.And its often without all the facts I'd like,but I do it.Based on what IS known.

I do it all the time so people dont die,and they DONT.

Now if your experience doesnt involve doing same,you wont grasp how others can/do make JUDGEMENT calls all the time as a matter of course.

Here's one,X took an order,and screwed it up by a factor of TEN.

Went straight to my boss,called in BIG BOSS,order was NOT FOLLOWED and cancelled on the spot by me,why? Because it could have KILLED that person.

What did Big Boss say when I said How can someone do such a thing?

Reply-X IS STUPID.Thats a quote.

We didnt have the luxury of delaying,nor was it sent off to a committee to do a 6 month investigation,X was OUTTA THERE!

Or I could just say Kum by ya (I dont know what X was thinking,poor thing),let it ride for 3 days,let someone DIE and let it go.

Your choice.

Me,I can call a spade a spade and see the obvious,and act on it.And stand by it.

And people dont die because I do.

And thats how lives get saved,and lost.

Now Im done with it.