Originally Posted By: Russ
Quote:
two shoppers argued over the last box of elbow pasta.

I can hear them now, "You take it, I have enough." "No, I insist, you were here first." "Please, I'm not even Italian, you take the pasta and I'll even throw in a jar of Marinara Sauce." "Okay, if you're sure, but I make my own sauce from scratch."

I wonder if that's how the conversation went, people in DC are so concerned and outgoing... cool

Actually, that as the scene trying to get into a local grocery store this morning Everyone waited for the other person to go first and nobody got anywhere for a couple of minutes. It was almost comical.

Different story by the time I got to the check-out. It wasn't crazy busy and the lines weren't more than two or three deep, but people the were testy. I thought the woman who blocked the area between the registers and the aisles while she waited in line (and with two closed check-out lines beside her, where she she have waited) was going to start a riot.

No noticable food shortages though. Even the road salt was normally priced. I found it interesting that the store didn't even pull out their winter stuff (i.e. shovels, salt, etc) so that it was front and center. It was almost hidden. They were having a "stock up" sale though but I can't imagine this pending storm caused it.

No noticable line-ups at the gas station and prices were steady at $1.13/ltr.

Things seemed pretty normal for a rainy Sunday here, except that it's about 5C outside (with a light wind, that's about 1C) and we're just getiing light rain. I got some perishables and some extra canned goods, since I was going to refill a prescription anyway. I was in and out in a normal amount of time, and actually faster than I excepted for a rainy day.

You can find me on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT9fpZEy5XSWkYy7sgz-mSA