Along these lines,an internet friend on the other side of town was just burglarized a couple days ago.

They had left their home for less than 24 hours. They used a ladder from their garage to get to a second story window.The guns not in a safe were stolen,along with other things,and 'the house was trashed'

No,they dont have dogs.

Last night we had people skulking around on street in the fog.Fools,they dont realize sound travels blocks here at night.So I think it was the local meth trade types/customers out there,I hadnt seen guy before.HOWEVER,he DID get to see 2 wild dogs acting like they would like nothing more than to eat him for a night time snack.And dogs filed him away as THREAT,so they are for-armed should he return.

BTW,next couple times dogs alerted in house,I slipped out first and dogs didnt make a peep alongside me,I LIKE that,and its something they just learned,to follow my lead.They are amazing animals dogs are.

Up here,for most part,its the druggy crowd that is the threat,dogs are the answer to a large degree IMO,we havent been victimized in yard or home.

Not to say thats all encompassing,Ive had a car stolen off the street when I first moved here,turned out my new next door neighbors were skin head drug dealers (and Baja Bug car thieves too),they are gone and we own that property now,but thats another story.

So thats one of my Deterrent stories.....I really believe thats valid.