Originally Posted By: Byrd_Huntr
I'm no battery expert, but recently did actually buy a dozen new version AA Eneloops and a wall mount charger. I found that even fully charged, they will not work in my 1-AA LED light, or in my 4 AA Remington LED headlamps. A friend tells me the voltage is too low for LED use.

Ni-mh rechargeable AAs have a voltage around 1.3-1.4 fully charged. Alkalines have a voltage of about 1.5. BUT once you start to suck energy out of the batteries the nimh will drop to about 1.2 and STAY THERE untill there's hardly any energy left. Alkalines will drop somewhat more steady if your light doesn't put too much demand on the battery.

Almost dead alkalines will still measure somewhere close to 1.5 volts when left alone - but the voltage of a semi-depleted alkaline drops QUICKLY when you start to use the battery. This is why ligths with depleted alcalines can seem to work fine when you lit them up but turn dead pretty quick when you start using them.

If your light doesnt work with eneloops but works with alkaline I'd say it only would work with FRESH out of the box alkalines, and that you probably have tossed away a good number of halfway used alkalines...