On the subject of lights, it really irks me that they make them so complicated! It seems like most of the Chinese lights are cluttered with multiple modes- some have a dozen or more! Maybe I'm just a cave man but two modes is sometimes pushing it for me. I guess that's why my (admittedly expensive) Surefire E1B is my favorite light. When you turn it on it's automatically at full power; quickly cycling it will get you into low mode (5 lumens IIRC).

I bought a cool inexpensive 1 x CR123a light from DX that was recommended by Am_Fear_Liath_Mor. The light is great but I missed reading that it has 5 modes! It's a real bear to find the mode I want, and invariably it comes on in whatever mode is most inconvenient/disadvantageous for the purpose at hand. wink

Does anyone make a DEAD SIMPLE led light that takes 1 or 2 CR123a batteries, with just one or two modes, for a "reasonable" price? I put it in quotes because "reasonable" varies from person to person. Say, $20-ish?