Originally Posted By: greenghost
3)Disorentation. Whats the right thing to do with my BOBs, food supplies, EDC bags, weapons and supplies thats scattered all throughout the house?

You can't plan for everything, and you shouldn't try. But some written contingency plans can give you a starting point and reduce the number of decisions that you need to make under stress.

Quote:
4) Cars/fuel. my Rav4 is in the shop and my ranger is on less than 1/4 tank. I know I know

My stored generator fuel also serves as my stored get-out-of-Dodge fuel. Don't forget the Sta-Bil.

Quote:
5) Cell phones inop. NO calls but texting was still good. Scary that I couldnt check in with elderly parents at all.

If my mom can learn to text, I'd think that yours could too laugh.

Quote:
6) Emergency brodcast station. NOTHING on tv or radio about this incident. BTW, have several am/fm/shjortwave NOAA radios that were eaisiably accessible...good planning on my part.

Here's a way that ham radio might be able to help, as you might get better local information from other hams than you would from the media. This is particularly the case if you have a local RACES/ARES group.

Quote:
One thing I learned in the military was when it gets crazy you will automatically go into auto pilot and revert to your training. Suppose that running practice drills would be a big help. At least a basic first reaction checklist.

Under stress, you won't rise to the occasion, you will fall to your level of training and practice.